So... today I went to the dentist. Dr. Gresik is a good man. A steady worker with a steady hand. I would hate to have a dentist without a steady hand... he's about to give you an injection of freezeing and all of a sudden his hand tremmors and instead of pushing the needle a few milimeters into the roof of your mouth, it gets lodged a centimeter in, releasing its poison into your brain and eyes. That was what I was thinking about while he was drugging my lip. "What would happen if part of my brain was frozen? I can't use what is frozen right now.... so maybe, would I not be able to use part of my brain? That would suck." I find it fascinating sometimes to track out the path in my mind that has been taken to get me from one topic to another. To me, it makes complete sense, but as soon as I speak, I get weird looks sometimes, and have to retrace my steps.
Man my lip is tingly.
It was weird, half of my tongue was frozen while the other half wasn't. It was pretty funky I've got to say. My tongue is pretty much back, but my lower right jaw is pretty crazy. It's pretty distracting actually. I'm trying to do every day things like sit and drive or walk, and I find myself playing around with my frozen lip. I probably look pretty goofy. Oh well.
So frozen lips... frozen dreams.
The window in my room, which is right above my head, is very drafty. It is letting a lot of cold air in. Not to mention I keep my fan going so that the ringing in my ears doesn't keep me awake Stupid ringing. So I have been having issues waking because my bed is so warm and the air in my room is so stinking cold. Oh frozen dreams.
Winter is coming... I am excited. Some people dread this time of the year, I rather look forward to it. Skiing, skating, sleeping with more night. Personally though, some of my favourite times are nights when it is cold and clear. The moon is out in full force blowing holes in the darkness left and right. Seeing the reflected sunlight on the snow is a pretty cool thing. Especially when you can take the time to enjoy it. Crazy times.
Really... we don't have 4 seasons... we have 2. Seasons of life and seasons of death. Realistically...
(pause)
Forgive me, I am sitting in starbucks and Katie and Amber came in. So we talked for a minute and then they peaced out. Any way...
2 seasons. Life and death. The season of life is spring and summer, everything is coming back to life and growing, new chutes form on trees, leaves grow babies are made by animals... there is life. Then comes the season of death. The leaves die off slowly, and most insects either die or sleep. Many animals go into near comatose or imitation of death states while the rest who are still awake are forced to look around for food, scrounge up as much as they can and live on what little there is out there.
Here is the interesting thing that I have been playing with in my mind recently. When the leaves die... they don't go out crabby, they don't just fall... they burn out bright. There is much more that my mind is thinking of but I am going to leave it at that for today. Have a wonderful day, and I hope that your thanksgiving was great. Go is peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment